If you’re looking for a way to increase your veggies, try swapping out your regular noodles for sweet potato noodles. This easy, flavor packed pesto is made using Mother Raw Caesar Dressing for a fun twist. Top it all off with some quick and easy gluten-free toasted seedy croutons!
For the pesto:
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp Mother Raw Caesar Dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh basil, packed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
For the toasted seedy croutons:
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the noodles:
- 1 large sweet potato, spiralized
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Make the pesto: combine the pine nuts, Mother Raw Caesar Dressing, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until combined. Add the basil and process until combined. With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil until fully incorporated and the pesto is smooth. Stir in the nutritional yeast and give it a quick stir, or pulse to combine. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, drizzle in the olive oil. Once the skillet is warm, add the sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. Toast until golden and the pumpkin seeds are popping, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl. Season with nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same skillet, heat the pan over medium heat. Add the sweet potato noodles and pesto and toss with tongs to combine. Keep tossing until the noodles have softened somewhat and are heated through, about five minutes.
- Divide the noodles on plates and top with cherry tomatoes and seedy croutons. Drizzle with more olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!