In celebration of National Chia Day on March 23, we’re showing some love for the little powerhouse known as the chia seed. Actually, let’s be real - we secretly celebrate our love for chia seeds every day! At Mother Raw, we’re so proud of all the natural, plant-based ingredients we use in our Mother Raw Products, especially chia seeds. Let’s get to know a little more about this ancient superfood.
These little guys are small but mighty. According to Healthline, they’re “one of the healthiest foods on the planet”!
- They’re full of protein, fiber, omega-3s, and several micronutrients and antioxidants.
- The fiber content in chia seeds absorbs water, which can help you feel fuller faster and also supports healthy gut bacteria to keep your digestive system happy (1).
- The protein and omega-3s are great for managing blood sugar levels and chia seeds have also been known to support heart health and reduce inflammation (1).
- Chia seeds can help keep you energized and hydrated, thanks to the high-quality protein and carbs (1).
- They are an awesome way to get your protein in, especially if you’re following a plant-based diet.
- They also support healthy bones and teeth because of all the calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamins and minerals (1).
Can you believe one tiny seed does all this great stuff (and more) for your body? No wonder we love it so much.
Three cheers for chia!
Lucky for all of us, it literally couldn’t be easier to add chia seeds into your diet. Sprinkle them on top of cereal at breakfast, power bowls at lunch, veggies at dinner, or your favorite vegan savory snacks; mix them into smoothies, baked goods, or pretty much anything else you can think of. You can also get some of those chia-mazing benefits from Mother Raw products!
We have chia seeds to thank for giving these Mother Raw favorites their perfectly smooth and creamy texture:
- Mother Raw Caesar Dressing
- Mother Raw Greek Dressing
- Mother Raw Ranch Dressing
- Mother Raw French Onion Dip
- Mother Raw Ranch Dip
Chia seeds are naturally non-GMO, raw, gluten-free, and usually grown organically (2), so if you know Mother Raw at all, you know they’re right up our alley. We use them to help naturally thicken some of our dressings and dips and we love that they pack a little punch of plant-based protein. They also have water- and oil-binding capabilities, which work to emulsify our dressings and keep the ingredients from separating.
Show chia some love!
Now that you’re as excited about chia seeds as we are (okay… almost as excited as we are), we hope you’ll join us in celebrating National Chia Day! And what better way to celebrate than by eating some chia seeds? We’ve got you covered with some delish recipes using Mother Raw products that have chia seeds!
- As if our French Onion Dip wasn’t incredible enough already, we kicked it up a notch with this recipe for Baked French Onion Dip with Artichoke & Kale.
- This Tex Mex Salad with Ranch Avocado Dressing is truly worthy of a fiesta. Sprinkle some chia seeds on top to get the party started.
- We love this Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad - it’s the perfect plant-based twist on a classic.
- Make your favorite salad or power bowl with our Caesar, Greek, or Ranch dressings, and then top it with some extra chia seeds for good measure!
Give them a try and let us know what you think! Happy Chia Day from all of us at Mother Raw!
Written by: Victoria Ehgoetz