Kick the store-bought candied pecans to the curb! More often than not, they contain refined sugar - and we're not down for that! This recipe used pure maple syrup along with Mother Raw Maple Fig Dressing for that extra kick of flavor. Modified from original recipe by Beaming Baker!
2 ½ cups pecans
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Mother Raw Maple Fig Dressing
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment papered set aside for now.
- Add pecans, cinnamon and sea salt to a large bowling stir well.
- Add maple syrup, dressing and coconut sugar. Stir and fold until pecans are fully coated.
- Pour pecans onto the baking sheet and spread them out into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Take the tray out of the oven and flip pecans so they crisp up on the opposite side. Bake for an additional 6-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Toss onto a salad with berries and spinach
- Place on a plant-based charcuterie board amongst all your fav cheeses, nuts, crackers and spreads
- Top on a quinoa bowl for extra crunch