A cheesy potato casserole with a twist! This loaded casserole has a creamy cheesy sauce complete with some everything bagel spice. It’s pure comfort food at its very best with both potatoes and cheese. If you want to try something different, try it with Mother Raw Roasted Garlic Dip or Mother Raw French Onion Dip!
- 3 large russet potatoes (peeled)
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder/flour
- ¼ cup cold water
- ⅓ cup Mother Raw Everything Bagel Dip (Or Mother Raw Roasted Garlic/French Onion Dip)
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Thyme (optional, for garnish)
- Everything bagel seasoning (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Slice the potatoes thin using a mandolin and place the slices in a large bowl filled with ice water, while you prepare the rest.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, pour in the almond milk, broth, butter, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika and salt. Whisk to combine and bring to a simmer. Simmer for five minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot flour and water and whisk. Pour this mixture into the cheese sauce along with the Mother Raw dip and stir. Let it simmer for five minutes, until somewhat thickened.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Layer the bottom of a baking dish or large cast iron skillet with about half of the potatoes. Pour half of the cheese sauce over top and rotate the dish to ensure the potatoes are covered. Top with the remaining potatoes and the cheese sauce and rotate the dish again.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Scatter the cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove and top with thyme and more everything bagel seasoning if using. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!