- 1 14 ounce package extra firm tofu
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup Mother Raw BBQ sauce
- Mother Raw Ranch Dressing
- Oil for cooking
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2/3 cup of shredded lettuce
- Drain the tofu. Wrap in several paper towels; place in the sink. Place a heavy object (such as a large pot with a heavy weight inside) on top of the tofu to press the water out. You can also use a tofu press. Let the tofu drain for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse quinoa in a small mesh strainer. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat; add quinoa. Cook for 12 minutes until lightly toasted. Add 1 1⁄3 cups water; turn heat to high. Once boiling, cover and cook for 13-15 minutes, until fluffy.
- Slice the drained tofu into thin 1⁄2 inch chunks. Place in a medium bowl; add barbecue sauce. Let it marinate for up to 10 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm up a little oil. Add the tofu. Pan fry for about 2-3 minutes, until crispy; flip the tofu chunks, and cook on the other side for an additional 2-3 minutes. Repeat until the tofu is crispy.
- Arrange bowl with quinoa on the bottom and top with shredded lettuce, red bell peppers, tomatoes, tofu and avocado. Drizzle desired amount of Mother Raw Ranch Dressing. Enjoy!
Get the RAW Truths About Common Ingredients
The Raw Truth, what's really in your dressing?